WGF works to raise awareness of fundamental social inequalities to the media, to voters, to public officials, and corporate and nonprofit leaders. WGF engages in public advocacy not just to highlight current inequities but more importantly to aid the community in discovering viable solutions that will create sustained equity for all citizens.
Advocacy is a core component of our Strategic Plan. The Women and Girls Foundation believes if we do not engage in advocacy, we leave the decisions of our society to those who may not understand fully women’s concerns and issues. For every issue on the national agenda—from education to jobs, from violence to health care—there is at least one major aspect specific to women. Women’s issues involve the entire community. When a woman is given an opportunity, an entire family – and community – can benefit. Join us in raising your voice for equality today!
Advocacy helps WGF pursue our mission of gender equality by:
- Educating the public.
- Raising Awareness of the causes we believe in.
- Building relationships with legislators.
- Helping legislators understand the perspective of those who will be most impacted by the new law or policy.
- Sharing our knowledge and perspective with others.
Help WGF achieve these goals! Here are a few things you can do today:
- Take Action – Tell your elected officials about the issues that are important to you – and to women and girls in your community.
- Join our Mailing List – And learn about ways to get involved with WGF, our grantees, and other like-minded community partners.
- Make a Donation – Every dollar matters to WGF – from your gift of one dollar to one million dollars, your support is what enables us to achieve equality for women and girls in our region.
- Volunteer – Volunteer to organize a rally, chaperone a teen trip to Harrisburg, participate in a site visit with our grantmaking committee, or help with any number of events to help further the cause.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter – Learn about local, state, and national research, news, policy and advocacy efforts aimed at improving the lives of women and girls. (And don’t forget to ask your friends to follow WGF too!)