Helping our Girls Take Flight
In a January 2018, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Op-Ed, Women and Girls Foundation (WGF) Board Co-Chairs Janis Burley-Wilson and Len Caric, called for men to be leaders in the movement to bring about cultural change and play a role in achieving gender equity.
At WGF, one of our goals is to break down barriers so that every girl can rise and every woman can soar. Now we have a group of new partners who will help us pursue that goal – men who will be investing significant resources to support female leadership!
The men listed below have joined together to launch the WGF WingMen: Helping our Girls Take Flight.
- Mike Annichine, CEO of Magee-Womens Research Institute
- Vincent Delie Jr., Chairman, President and CEO of F.N.B. Corporation and First National Bank
- William (Bill) Demchak, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer of The PNC Financial Services Group
- Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County Executive
- Patrick Gallagher, Chancellor of the University of Pittsburgh
- Paul Hennigan, President of Point Park University
- David Holmberg, President and CEO of Highmark Health
- Greg Jordan, General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer of The PNC Financial Services Group
- David Malone, President and CEO of Gateway Financial
- David Morehouse, Chief Executive Officer & President of the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Morgan O’Brien, President and CEO, Peoples Natural Gas Co. LLC
Together they have already raised over $100,000 which will help the Women and Girls Foundation grow its programs to develop the future female leaders of tomorrow.
Interested in becoming a member of the WGF WingMen? Contact Olivia Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.