The WOMEN AND GIRLS FOUNDATION (WGF) is a non-profit organization based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania engaged in statewide programming and policy work. The mission of the Women and Girls Foundation is to achieve equality for self-identified women and girls, now and for generations to come. In pursuit of this mission, the Women and Girls Foundation works to break down barriers so that every self-identified girl can rise and every self-identified woman can soar. Our vision is for self-identified women and girls in Pennsylvania to have equal access, opportunity, and influence in all aspects of their public and private lives.
The Women and Girls Foundation considers all initiatives and programs through the lens of five core values:
- We believe that when self-identified women and girls thrive, communities prosper.
- We seek equity for all self-identified women without discrimination on the basis of nationality, economic status, class, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- Our programs and initiatives drive statewide solutions to the problem of gender inequity.
- Empowering self-identified girls, as well as self-identified women, is central to our mission. We engage young self-identified women as donors, activists, and leaders.
- Engaging men as allies, partners, and champions for gender equity is vital for our mission’s success.
The Women and Girls Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization, based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.